Category: How I solved it

Ionic 2 overwrite back button function my way

I guess that most APP developers would not prefer a crude exit of their APP when the back button was pressed, and as you may already know using ionic you can register a callback on the back button pressed event. That is pretty straightforward, but what comes in the registered callback is mostly a matter of preference, but nevertheless, this method that I lately used works on the newest 3.1.1 Ionic version.
I will explain in just two phrases, what is the expected behavior:

The first thing that it will do it’s will look to check if there is an active overlay view/component like a Modal, Toast, Alert and if there is it will dismiss that component. View full article

How to implement a CAPTCHA for Google Forms

Is it possible to make a random captcha for a google form? You may search and find on google groups and other sources a hard no to this question but, in fact, there is one method that I made that works pretty well. Unfortunately, there are some catches with the method that I am about to show you, but until we get to that, we first have to ensure that we can meet a requirement that this method has.  This primary requirement is an URL/server that can generate dynamically a captcha image from a given text passed into an HTTP GET variable.

Luckily there are some free servers that can do just that. View full article

Avast breaks the ability to create new User on Win

I had to make a new user on a Windows 7 workstation machine, and the simple create user procedure failed miserably,  I thought maybe there are some permission problems.

The user created with GUI ( either control panel or MMC)  or from the console with the “net user command”, spawned multiple ‘profile’ and ‘temp’ folders in the USERS folder, didn’t create the necessary registry entries.

And if you logged in with any of the created users you got a perpetual “preparing desktop” and when logged in you got an information notice that announced you: “you have been logged on with the default system profile”.

One thing that I didn’t bother to look at is the logs, and that should be the first thing obvious, I did a lot of futile things like recreating the default user folder, reset the default permissions, and other tricks that usually repair any problem with creating a new user. View full article

WordPress 4.7.0 4.7.2 _e() function, languages and broken translations

Some time ago I read about a critical vulnerability present in WordPress 4.7.0 and 4.7.1(it was seriously severe, it primarily let attackers change data in your DB using restful API), and I had a website that I did back in 2015, the problem is that I did the theme using _e function(mostly on the front page) for translations as it was a multilingual website.

Anyway, I updated from 4.7.2 to 4.7.3 and <<BAM>> all translations were broken. It was a bit curious though why this update broke the translation if in 4.7.0 they worked fine, so started to see if any change was written in the official documentation that I could find on these links: I18n_for_WordPress_Developers and developer.wordpress.org/themes/functionality/internationalization View full article